Over 50 years of experience, a highly qualified team and a high level of customer satisfaction is what PIEPER stands for. We plan, develop, produce and install complete video, security and image processing systems for industry. Our portfolio also includes support operations and therefore the maintenance, repair and modernization of customized solutions. We are world-renowned for our combustion chamber systems, which monitor processes and furnaces in high-temperature environments at maximum resolution.
Customers value our manufacturer-independent advice, our industry-specific know-how, and our high-quality special solutions for:
- Glass industry
- Steel industry
- Aluminum industry
- Cement processing
- Waste management
- Power plants
- Petrochemical industry
- Passenger and freight transport
In this regard, our focus lies on combustion chamber video technology for visual process monitoring in temperature ranges of up to 2,400 °C, in video and management systems as well as in industrial video solutions for production control.
Since our company was established in 1968, we have offered our customers futureproof solutions. The fact that we are certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001 and SCC proves that we offer top quality. We are there for you in Berlin, Cottbus, Düsseldorf and at our head office in Schwerte. Internationally, we are represented by partnerships and cooperative relationships worldwide.
The services at a glance:
- Individual on-site consulting
- Vendor-independent systems
- CAD planning
- 3D simulation
- Mapping of complex project scenarios
- Customized technical documentation
- In-house development and production
- Internal software development
- Departments for construction, mechanics and installation
- Service technicians for electrical/video engineering and digital image processing
- Processes according to DIN EN ISO 9001
Training and services
- Internal training rooms
- Certified instructors
- Customer on-site trainings
- Plant-specific training
- Construction supervision
- Installation and commisioning
- Turnkey plant construction
- After-sales service – spare parts logistics, maintenance, inspection
||0049 2304 4701 0|
|Fax||0049 2304 4701 77|
|Volume de negócios
|Certificados||DIN EN ISO 9001, SCC und ATEX RL 94/9/EC|
|Ano de fundação
Informações de contato
|Nome||Sr. Dipl.-Eng. Thorsten Wulff|
||+49 2304 4701 0|
|Fax||+49 2304 4701 77|
|Nome||Sr. Thomas Lampe|
||+49 2304 4701 0|
|Fax||+49 2304 4701 77|
We produce and install systems for digital image processing, communication and data technology, network technology, access control systems, building management solutions and outdoor area security, plus all of the supplementary system components.
Furnace technology in the glass industry
With the use of PIEPER furnace video technology, all processes taking place in the glass furnace can be monitored, controlled and evaluated – both the visible ones in the normal light spectrum and invisible processes in ultraviolet range. In this way, glass production can be controlled in all phases, becoming safer and thus more effective.
Our furnace technology has been proven for years and is constantly being further developed. PIEPER complete systems for the glass industry are in use worldwide and are considered safe and reliable. When new float glass lines are built, our furnace solutions are often firmly planned in from the very beginning; the same applies to plants that are overhauled and rebuilt.
We offer our customers both free planning assistance with the conception as well as consultations at the respective location of the production plant – worldwide.
Possible applications of the PIEPER furnace systems in a float glass line
- Batch charger
The proper functioning of the charging machine in front of the furnace is monitored by cameras in special housings
- Melting end / slide control
To monitor the amount of glass batch exiting, there is a combustion chamber system on the right and the left side of the front wall of the glass furnace.
- Spread area
Two furnace probes are used to monitor the even distribution of the glass batch.
- Float bath
PIEPER’s in-house developed glass edge detection system identifies, analyzes and provides information on gross/net widths, glass ribbon drift and even the distance between a float glass edge and the top roller track. With the help of up to 24 cameras per production line, the system provides live values and alerts in case of deviations from previously defined references values.
- Shoulder / Water fencing
In the shoulder and water fence area, two furnace probes are used to check the glass flow and the position of any retracted cooling devices.
- Conditioner / Glass exit
The exit is checked by two furnace probes; the correct glass outflow is monitored by two water-cooled cameras.
Depending on the application and requirements, the PIEPER furnace systems for the glass industry include different models of media and control cabinets, which, in addition to filtering the cooling water, are also used to monitor, control and regulate the flow rate.
Pneumatically controlled automatic retraction devices to protect against overheating of the camera technology complete the portfolio for the glass industry.
Product range excerpt
- IP network and analog cameras for industrial use and surveillance tasks
- Furnace cameras, probes and special furnace lenses
- Special cameras (e.g. line cameras, thermal imaging cameras)
- EX-proof camera systems
- Camera protective housings (stainless steel, aluminum etc.)
- Air- and/or water-cooled camera housings and furnace probes
- Peltier-cooled camera housings (stainless steel, aluminum etc.)
- Industrial camera connectivity (multi-function camera junction boxes, media cabinets)
- Complementary components (displays, lenses, server, network video recorder etc.)
- Video management systems
- Customized software applications (e.g. glass edge detection system)
Tipo de ficheiro